 Marketplace / Shopping / 9316
Re: LEGO Outlet in Northern Virginia...is it worth visiting?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:26:15 GMT

John Heins wrote:

I've made the stop on a few occasions my self and the answer is "It depends."

First, the store is at Potomac Mills, a HUGE outlet mall fairly close to 95.
Weekends is a total zoo - it's not a quick and easy stop then. Given the
delays on 95 around evening rush hour, it doesn't hurt you much to stop then
and grab some food. 95's a parking lot through there at that time anyway.
Park around the back by the movie entrance and save some walking - check the
web for an online map of Potomac Mills.

Back to the store....they have a wide selection of stuff - especially Duplo
and Belleville, keychains, clothes and "non-traditional Lego" stuff and
such.  I've been regularly disappointed with Mindstorms and Technic (they
even price higher than shop at home on the larger Technic stuff).  They DO
have specials on older stuff and on some current stuff, but as noted, some
prices have been higher than SAH.  I've never caucht a scratch and dent
table though some have said they have one.

Scratch and dent it what it's all about... I don't think I've ever not
found something on the Scratch and Dent table.

Sadly, I doubt I will get there even as often as I used to.

Frank