 Marketplace / Shopping / 9153
Re: Walmart finds
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 23:26:41 GMT

"Maggie Cambron" <mcambron@pacbell.net> wrote in message
news:GsKpDp.468@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.market.shopping, Scott Costello writes:

So let me update Ray's point:
Unless you are shopping in Southern California, always check the • overstock!

LOL, I guess that tells us where you live!  Up here (Northern California) • it
doesn't seem to matter, Walmart is always a complete waste of time and • going
there makes me wish I'd done something more rewarding, like go to the • dentist.
Course, being 5'3" I tend to forget to check the top shelf let alone the
risers.

Maggie C.

Although I did okay on Wal-Mart clearance in thre Raleigh area this year (a
few Watto's for $20, a couple of MTTs for $20 and some other things), I have
always found my best clearance deals when I have been out on the road.  Not
this trip though!  ;-(

This week I am in Austin (Texas) and last night I went out and visited three
Wal-Mart stores.  There are sets still on the shelves (both clearance and
regular) that I haven't seen in the Raleigh area since last summer (Grip and
Go Challenge, Tough Truck Rally, and some others).  No shortage of Watto's
at $30 (I probably could have bought 20 at that price) but for the most
part, the sets that these Wal-Mart stores have on clearance are still at the
25%-40% off.  While there are a number of sets I would have liked to have
(Spinosaurus Attack Studio for one) in quantity, the price point isn't worth
the hassle of getting them home.  Now if they really cheap I would figure
out a way!

Mike

http://www.ncltc.cc - North Carolina LEGO Trainc Club
http://www.carolinatrainbuilders - Carolina Train Builders