 Marketplace / Shopping / 9076
Re: FOTW - SHell sets on clearance sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 23:26:27 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Tom Stangl writes:
What was the shop name, and do they ship?

I could use some 2556s...

Matthew Karius wrote:

I found a bunch of Shell sets on sale at a local discount/clearance store
snip....

I'm reluctant to give out the name of the store only because I've gotten
several requests asking for the name and indicating that the person would
like to buy out their entire stock.  I'll admit I have selfish reasons for
not giving out the name but I would also like to make sure that others can
get these sets, not just on Lugnet through me but also local folks.  Each
time I've been there there have been kids asking their parents if they can
get a Lego set or an adult saying what a nice gift they'd make.

I'm willing to accomodate most requests for sets (I am busy so it may take a
little time) but I'm not going to help someone clean out the store.
Unfortunately they have sold out of 2556 but as of Monday still have the
other sets.

FWIW, the store is a single, relatively small, overcrowded, run-down
clearance store with half open boxes all over the place, and to my knowledge
they do not ship.

Regards,
Matt