 Marketplace / Shopping / 9071
Re: New 3426 Adidas Team Transport found at WalMart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.promo, lugnet.sports, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 02:39:12 GMT

In lugnet.football, Ray Sanders writes:
In lugnet.football, James Brink writes:
Hi,
I found this set at my local WalMart. It is not in the Lugnet or Brickset
database and I have never seen any mention of it before. It is an Adidas
version of the Red Team Transport. I have put pictures of it on Brickshelf.
Sorry they are not great, but all I have is a webcam.

James

BTW, these are beginning to appear in WMs in north Florida. I noticed it in two
WMs yesterday.

Ray

I was looking on the Shop@Home Website, and the set is listed at $19.99
and comes with "mini adidas soccer ball".  Not bad considering that they
are pretty close to the red soccer busses, at the same price....

a real interesting comment.... the world cup set, which is basically a
Championship Challenge II w/ the Team Transport is listed at $90.  This
is very bizzare since the both items are $10 cheaper seperate.  The only
difference might be that all 20 "players" have adidas logos (extra cost
in 'advertizing fees').

Benjamin Medinets