 Marketplace / Shopping / 9061
Re: Is the Wlamrt Clearence Nation Wide?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 19:15:30 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Jeremy Scott writes:
I don't know why so many people are scoring great deals at wally world when
every AZ store I called had no absolute clue that a clearenc is going on.
In fact they said that they held thiers right after Christmas.  Anyone who
can tell me why the AZ stores are different?

Maybe not why, but just that they are; stores have semi-local discretion
over what they clearance and when.  There's no national schedule, like
with Target (which even then isn't uniform across the nation).

LFB

I was actually at my favorite Wal-Mart a few years ago and had the woman in
charge of the clearance section of the toy department trying to pull a hard
sell on me. I felt like Monty Hall on "Let's Make a Deal".

Me (looking at big ugly insectoid set) - Hmmmm ... $30 still too much for me
clearance lady - The set used to be $80 now only $30
me - yeah, but still too high for my small budget
clearance lady - how about if I mark it down to $25
me - tempting but sorry
clearance lady - $15 but that's my final offer
me - alright you talked me into it (knowing my wife would hit me with a
rolling pin later that night, as she hates the insectoid sets)

Kinda funny experience that has never been repeated but it illustrated to me
that local stores have a good deal of control over their clearance sections.
Although this year Wal-Mart clearance has been slim pickins (not the actor).

Scott