 Marketplace / Shopping / 9043
Re: Fred Meyer and ShopKo Clearance Sales
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 22:00:58 GMT

From past experience the clearance sales can be different store by store. I
have one store that usually puts their clearance out first and sells it at
50%. They usually sell out in a day. Then the other stores eventually do
this but on a much slower rate. I was working a trade show Saturday and thus
I missed the Fred Meyer sale (another trade show caused me to miss the
Target sale also). The above mentioned store did not have ANY of the
mentioned sets in their stores, which leads me to believe that they sold
them on Saturday at 50%. The other Fred Meyers stores around here still had
the sets and they were not on sale. One store moved them to an endcap.

BTW this store (FM) is having a 20% off todays prices sale this week. So the
clearance sales may get better. They tend to do another sale around Easter.

Fred Meyer tends to put stuff on clearance Saturday morning, some stores do
this on Friday. Some of my best deals have come at FM. It is worth the
effort.

Rose

Is only Fred Meyer doing this because in the Pheonix area all our Fred
Meyers were replaced with Fry's Marketplace and they don't have any
clearences.  I went to the Fred Meyer web site and the store locator
directed me to all the Frys.  Does only Fred Meyer have the sale and if • so,
why not their close affiliates?

----Jeremy Scott

In lugnet.market.shopping, Todd Hossbach writes:
I stopped by my local Fred Meyer and found that they had the following • sets on
clearance:
7171 - Mos Espa Pod Race - 44.99
6713 - Grip and Go Challenge - 9.99
6573 - Arctic Expedition - 7.49
AND THE BIG DEAL OF THE DAY
7186 - Watto's Junkyard - 14.99

ShopKo also has the following on clearance:
3409 - Championship Challenge - 19.19
3405 - Blue Bus - 7.69
3403 - Fans' Grandstand with Scoreboard - 5.69

Happy Bargin Shopping,
Todd