 Marketplace / Shopping / 8994
8993  |  8995
Subject:
three cans of soup, a block of cheese and legos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 2 Feb 2002 22:56:28 GMT

Went in to WalMart to get a few cans of soup and a block of cheese.

I ended up spending a little north of $800 on clearance Lego.

It all started when I turned the corner and watched the guy halve the aero tube
hanger's clearance price. From there it was all downhill (or uphill depending on
your point of view). The best of the bunch was probably the super sports
coverage for $5.50. I was told that these were in-store markdowns, so don't
necessarily expect to see them at other stores, but then, who knows.

Ray