 Marketplace / Shopping / 878
Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 07:52:00 GMT

OK, fine, next time I won't just reply to one particular posting when
replying about the general feel of your posts.  After reading several of
your complaints, I'd had enough.  It's really none of YOUR or MY or
anyone's else's business how BusyBee sells their stock.  If I owned a store
and someone offered to take the entire stock of something (or almost all of
it) off my hands for full price, in one huge order (simplifying paperwork
for the year), I'd do it in a minute, not worry about how someone else
might think I should limit purchase numbers.  And it's within anyone's
rights to buy out the stock of the store if they have the means and
timing.  It's not like the knowledge of the 4536s popped up AFTER they were
all gone.

And YES, this reply is to the feeling I got from multiple postings.  Sue
me.

Simon Robinson wrote:

Tom, next time you post a response to something I write,
it might be an idea if you try READING the message you're replying
to BEFORE you put your post in.  If you read mine a bit more carefully
you might notice that I was actually defending the right of Americans
to buy from BB against someone who appeared to register some distaste
of the idea.

So comments like

Are you going to complain that I "stole" 2 8880s away from Brits buy buying
them from BusyBee?  I paid over $50 shipping on those 2 sets alone, would
you have to pay that much?  At least you don't have to pay for overseas
shipping to get stuff from BB, and can probably afford to call them every
day to see what's the latest new stuff.

don't really make much sense in reply to my posting.

Simon
http://www.SimonRobinson.com

In lugnet.market.shopping, Tom Stangl writes:
Simon Robinson wrote:

If what you say is true then I find that very sad. But what concerns me
is that so many sets went to just two people. If those two people happened
to be Americans then that's completely irrelevent. Busy Bee's a great shop
and I'm glad that people in America as well as other countries have been
able to benefit by buying sets from there. I just wish that US Shop@Home
would do the same for us Brits (and everyone else outside the US).

Ah, but BB isn't owned by Lego, or they'd only be selling to Brits.  I
can't buy from Canada S@H, or any other S@H service BUT the US service, so
you've got nothing to complain about.

(And I also hope that people will be a bit more responsible and
thoughtful towards others before they
start buying lots of any other set that BB might get in the future).

Oh, quit your whining!  From what I gather, you live in the UK, so you
could have ordered all you wanted!  Larry and others have been talking
about the 4536s for ages, in fact they've been availabe at BB since at
least July!  I ordered a whopping 10 of them, and will either part them out
or sell them.  Whoever those 2 are that got the 250 of them, more power to
them - they took the time to order them, and had the capital to pay for
them.

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/