 Marketplace / Shopping / 8324
8323  |  8325
Subject:
Mindstorms Dark Side Sets at $4.88 !?!?!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 18 Nov 2001 23:07:13 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I've heard of markdowns, but......  I did my ususal "check while in the
vicinity" at CompUSA in White Plains  (NY) and found that the RIS 1.5 sets
were gone but noticed two Dark Side sets on the floor.  Still marked $89.99,
I knew enough to ask for a price check (I'd bought a set at $74 a month
earlier).  I was dumbfounded when the cashier unquestioningly quoted the
price as $4.88.  I grabbed the second one, paid and then doublechecked for
more (alas, none).

So.....whether a mistake or a HUGE markdown for clearance, check your local
CompUSA - and don't be put off by the marked price.  Ask to have the price
checked.