 Marketplace / Shopping / 8198
8197  |  8199
Subject:
HP sighted in NYC finally
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.reviews
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 05:06:55 GMT

HP finally hit the Kmart in Penn Station! (where I've been checking
regularly. No luck at Target to date.) 4 different sets remained (shelved
today or yesterday.)

My first, late impressions:

The telescope on the back of Final Challenge got my attention as an
alternate model for such a small set (60 pieces).

But actually I was disappointed and didn't buy anything. The Castle is
attractive, but the little sets are harder to like-- rather interesting
minifigs, but more monotonous castle parts, and not too exciting bricks
(poops?). I was prepared to like Hagrid's Hut but it seems a bad piece
assortment akin to Knight's Kingdom. Anyway I want the green 2x3 regular
slope roof bricks and I hope for a green roof pack. Too bad there are still
no green 3x3 corners. I'm just going to ask for Guarded Inn for Christmas
instead.

Well, after that dropping of spirits I am perplexed that I ended by picking
up a 600 piece Megabloks bucket. WHAT? OK, I put it back, but, I'm wishing
for just one more 3033 before the end comes.

-Erik