 Marketplace / Shopping / 7827
7826  |  7828
Subject:
Maggie's July Shopping Report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 00:29:10 GMT

Thought I'd report on the various LEGO deals I've found in brick and mortar
stores lately.  (No screaming 75% off deals or anything like that though--
sorry!)

Walmart:  Deals similar to those reported by Paul S. except when I scanned the
following at one Walmart I got these prices:
1352 Explosion Studio  $15.00  (I bought these up)
1353 Car Stunt Studio $10.00
1355 Temple of Gloom  $3.50
1356 Stunt Man Catapult $2.00
6713 Grip n Go Challenge $15.00

Prices at the other Walmarts in Solano County (Northern California) were the
same as what Paul noted.  But they'll probably come down in the next week or
so!

MacFrugals: Similar to what Troy C. said he saw at Big Lots
6326 Town Folks $2.99
5920 Island Racer $2.99
1088 Road Burner $1.99
1096 Race Buggy $1.99
1266 Space Probe $1.99
1271 Jungle Surprise $1.99
Plus lots of Duplo and LEGO Baby (Primo)

Rainbow Grocery Outlet:
3552 the Znap helicopter with motor and flex cables: $5.99
2738 Duplo Train Bridge $9.99

KB Toy Liquidators:  The only thing they had from the dot.com buyout was Rose
Art foam mats for Lego at $5.00 for a set of two.

Target was still at 30% off on their clearance and pretty much everything is
gone up here except a few Gungan Patrols ($6.90) and #1351 Movie Backdrop
Studio for $41.90.

Every Shell station I have visited in Solano County and two in Novato, CA
either had no sets or only the small ones.  Fortunately a fellow Lugnet member
was kind enough to get me a few of the large ones.

Hope the above is useful in your never ending quest for bargain LEGO!

Maggie C.