 Marketplace / Shopping / 7605
7604  |  7606
Subject:
Toys R Us & Meijer Report - South Bend, Indiana
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 01:30:55 GMT

To All,

(FUT to MichLUG, loc's South Bend and Michigan)

Well, I went on a little spree to pick up various items, and stopped by Toys
R US in South Bend, Indiana, off of Grape Road (I just love that name).
There LEGO section is really nice, they have some of those large minifigs on
top, with some large bricks as well, and several LEGO signs. That is
probably the best LEGO display I have seen in some time. It also looked
nice, and not like a tornado hit it. They had the womens soccer team there,
along with X-Large light Gray baseplates!! : ) I picked up a few for my
Shell Station. I also got the women's soccer team, I can finally have my
wife as a minifig, with the correct hair color. Unfortunately (or
unfortunately), she is probably more the width of a battle droid, while I am
the width of a minifig, so I guess it works out! : ) I think they would have
done better if they had that set out when the US Women's Soccer team won
whatever it was last year, was it? Oh well. They also had a large display
for the Bionacles (SP?), and it looks like they had them all.

At Meijer, it amazes me how bad it looks, most of the ones in Michigan kept
the LEGO aisle pretty organized, but this one looked like a tornado hit it.
Kids were running up and down the aisles, trashing things, riding bikes, it
looks liek someone dropped off their kids while they went elsewhere. > : (
Anyway, they had the women's soccer team as well, with Bionicles (SP?) They
still have Rock Raiders, Space Port, Extreme Team Sets, EP 1 sets, all full
price. Huh? They also had 2.99 little Bionicle boxes as well, looks like
Mini-Bionicles. I shall name them mini-bios.

Anyway, it was interesting to say the least.

Scott S.