 Marketplace / Shopping / 7600
Re: K-Mart - 50% off clearance prices
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 3 Jun 2001 06:11:54 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Paul Ferguson writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, David Wertz writes:
I stopped in a local K-Mart last night and they were having a sale where all
clearance items were 50% off of the clearance price.  There wasn't much Lego
left, and I don't know if this is chain wide or not, but I figured I would
pass the info on.

If it was chain-wide, it evidently expired yesterday, because my local
one in Ohio wasn't doing it today (2 June)

Others can probably confirm, but I've been watching the K-Marts in the
Mid-Hudson Valley, NY to Harrisburg PA for awhile, and the clearance sales
seem to be indepent "progressions".  They seem to follow a standard reduction
path (percentages), but at different times.  I've been finding more sales
lately in PA, further reductions from marked clearance items.  However, before
the Christmas holiday, NY had the better deals and quicker reductions.  At
present, it seems like along the four hour trip home, the clearance prices
range in 3 tiers (20-30%,50%,75-80%), each store seems to be at its own 'stage'
in the process.

Other sales are a different story (nationwide BOGO sales, for example), but
clearance seems to be independent.

Dave...