 Marketplace / Shopping / 7389
    Re: Promo set, why can't we have one made? —Tom Stangl
   Ah, but things have changed lately... BTW, the UN set supposedly only had 3000 made, right?... The new Bulk Sculptures are in plain B&W boxes... The pumpkin only had instructions online... So I would think that it would be relatively simple for LD (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: Promo set, why can't we have one made? —John Neal
    (...) Even if that were the case, I'm pretty sure that that was some sort of exception, not the rule. (...) Exactly. Townies want vehicles, Castleheads want knights, Pirate fans want soldiers, etc etc. I wouldn't buy any of it. I just don't see the (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: Promo set, why can't we have one made? —Aaron West
     <snip> (...) <snip> NO LEGO LUGNET promo set PLEASE!! I agree 100%. Direct and bulk with wide availability is the direction I would rather see as they are infinitely more "core" to the LEGO product and goal of the toy. The gold is in the bricks and (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

         Re: Promo set, why can't we have one made? —Chris Giddens
     Um, how about a FUN contest, where we aren't asking LEGO to make a set for us. But, where we put something together, that all could make out of common pieces in their own collection and make the instructions available on Lugnet. Have a minifig with (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

         Lugnet Community Set (was: Re: Promo set, why can't we have one made?) —Bryan Beckwith
     This is a great idea. It would be fun to build a set knowing that everyone else was making one too. Rather than having to decide whether to make something town, castle, pirate, space, etc., maybe someone could come up with something totally (...) (23 years ago, 27-May-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

        Re: Promo set, why can't we have one made? —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Agreed. TLC has a soft spot for the UN, I think. They let the UN do the refugee posters using minifig images, and they hardly ever let ANYONE use minifig images, even other charities. (not completely. but hardly ever) So they may well have (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)