 Marketplace / Shopping / 7376
7375  |  7377
Subject:
UFO Starfighter set found
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2001 19:53:27 GMT

A local toy store has a copy of the <set:6979> UFO Starfighter
spaceship (vintage 1997).  They are charging the full list price of
$80.  The box is somewhat battered, and has been taped closed with
Scotch tape.  It seems likely that the pieces are all there: when you
lift up the lid you can see that there are polybags inside so
presumably the set was never assembled.

I'm wondering what people think of this.  The price to me seems a bit
high given the condition, but that's offset somewhat by the fact that
it's a discontinued item and therefore hard to find.

What would a reasonable price be?  It's a locally-owned shop and they
might be willing to haggle on the price.  It looks to me that bought
it for a kid and (much) later returned it, the kid not having wanted
it.

Also, if anyone's dying to own this, I might be willing to play proxy.

--Bill.

FUT: lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade

--
William R Ward        hermit@bayview.com      http://www.bayview.com/~hermit/
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."-Groucho Marx