 Marketplace / Shopping / 7049
7048  |  7050
Subject:
The Sanburn Systems Company - Closing the Virtual Doors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 04:28:12 GMT

To All,

    The heading says it all. After almost a year in business, and a pretty
decent margin, my wife and I have decided to close my site,
http://www.sanburnsystems.com . I have already disabled the shopping cart for a
few reasons. The decision was not an easy ne to make, but I have listed a few
here for you:

1) My host seems to upgrade the shopping cart every few months, costing me
several hundred dollars, which I can no longer can afford. The last update has
lost a few orders, and upset my inventory yet again. I am very upset about this,
as I can open a Brickbay store and have an easier time of it. I also have to pay
for the upgrade service fee, and a module update one as well. It is getting
ridiculous, and I cannot afford it any longer.

2) My wife is completing her studies to be a Pharmicist, and her acceptance of a
job in South Bend, Indiana, will make my life easier, as I will not have to work
as hard as I have been. She will be earning about threee times as much as I am,
and financially, I don't really need to do this anymore. Truthfully, she never
really liked me starting this, and is glad I decided to accept this. She doesn't
like sorting for the business anyway! : )

3) I have secured employment in the South Bend Area and will be moving there
shortly, as soon as I take a few employment tests. I will be focusing on getting
set up there, and will have little time to do much in terms of the business.

4) As I have poured a significant amount of time and energy into my site, with
my schedule, it is hard to maintain, and I decided that I would like some time
to build again. My wife has seen this as well.

This has been one of the hardest decisions of my life, but I think it is the
best for my life and my marriage at this point. It is more than ironic that
Brickbay and my site opened up the same day. If Brickbay was around when I
started looking for a site, things would have been very different. When I
started my site, I knew there was a huge gap in the LEGO market for something
like Brickbay, and I am glad that hole has been filled. As some of you know, I
have been on it since January, and have been impressed, and have gotten some of
my esteemed Futuron minifigs. : )

I do have some unresolved orders I will continue to fulfill, if you have an
outstanding order, feel free to e-mail me at ssanburn@cleanweb.net, I want to
wrap those up ASAP.

I will be auctioning off my remaining sets and parts on E-Bay, to produce some
needed cash and to finalize this. I was seriously thinking of opening a Brickbay
store, but decided to just end it at this point. I might set up one in the
future.

All information gathered on my site will be deleted, as well as any information
in my records will be destroyed as well. I will be finishing my books for this
tax season. Feel free to e-mail me with conerns or questions.

Finally, I just wanted to say thank you for all of your support over the last
year, I have enjoyed helping fellow LEGO Maniacs continue to make great
creations. It has been fun. I am looking forward to starting over, in many
aspects, from our new life for my wife and I, to having time to build again,
which I have not had for a few years, between college and working three / four
jobs. I am looking forward to contributing to the train shows and to help
MichLUG along, it is such a thrill to have fellow LEGO maniacs around.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to post here, or to e-mail me
at ssanburn@cleanweb.net

Thank you all, have fun, build well, I certainly will be. : )

Sincerely,
Scott S.
--
Personal Page: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html