 Marketplace / Shopping / 6768
Re: here comes bionicle!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 00:18:23 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Tom Fought writes:
Okay. This is one very unique website. Interesting game of sorts.
Haven't figured it out.. but its worth looking at for at least
10 minutes... reminds me of my younger days ;)

In lugnet.market.shopping, Jeffrey Hazen writes:
Take a look at www.bionicle.com, the official Lego bionicle site.....Slow
as ****, and it always locks up my browser.  Maybe there will be some cool
parts though.

Two comments regarding this Bionicle thread...

(1) I agree with Eric's comment, the "always exciting" feature
    of Lego is the ability to create whatever you wish.  This seems to
    point to a number of other concerns voiced in the near past:
    a. The "juniorization" of Lego sets, creating sets with much larger
       pieces and more simplified designs than in the past.
    b. The more recent choice of themes, which may appeal to younger
       enthusiasts, but often makes us scratch our heads (in confusion).
    c. The quick release and closure of sets, which can make finding
       parts difficult.
    d. many more to remember at this time....

    I often am confused when my nephews/nieces or other children I know
    will build a set from the instructions and then look at you and say
    (hypothetically) "Now what??"  I try to explain that they can build
    whatever they desire, combine sets, go wild, etc.  But this 'change'
    in mindset of today's kids may be a reflection of present society
    for quick visual gratification (but that's another thread for another
    day) - and not what we experienced growing up.

    Therefore, do you think we should compile these thoughts and suggestions
    in one location (here on Lugnet? if not already available), and ask for
    Lego's input/review.  I would venture a guess that, combined, we might
    have a stronger (and more reasoned) input to future designs.  (or is
    that wishful thinking?).

(2) Regarding using Bionicle, just a quick guide from what I've seen.
    a.  You will need Flash4 technology and audio enabled.
    b.  The concept seems to be somewhat Myst and Riven based as far
        as program execution.
    c.  Move to the edge or out of the window pane to pan/scroll the
        view.
    d.  Click on objects you wish to review.
    e.  Again, don't understand the objective yet...