 Marketplace / Shopping / 6687
Re: Walmart - Silver Champion orders
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 17:25:41 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, David W. Speck writes:
Hello, I just wanted to confirm... can someone claim to have successfully
ordered the Silver Champion from Walmart for $27.85??  The item now fluctuates
between Out-of-Stock and Add-to-Cart; and between $27.85 and $65.  I was able
to place an order for three yesterday, but they were uncertain of what the
actual price should be...  So, I was hoping for confirmation that someone else
has purchased them for $27.85.

Thanks in advance,
Dave
dwspeck@us.ibm.com
"All opinions expressed are my own"

  I had the exact same thing happen to me on an order of 2 yesterday....In and
out of stock and the two prices... I talked to a rep who said (after contacting
her supervisor) they would honor the $27 price because that is what the one
page showed. She said it was all taken care of and I would get an email with an
order # in about an hour or so. Haven't got it yet. I called again last night
and was told it will now take up to 48 hrs to find out if it is in stock and
what the price will be, so I'm sorta miffed. But the good news for me is that I
received my $45 4561 trains in 48 hours!! I've had good luck with them in the
past so I'm just going to wait it out.  John  (AKA:freightmaster)