 Marketplace / Shopping / 6486
Re: RIS 1.5 for $100
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 03:08:12 GMT

David Wertz <wertzdm@dot.state.sc.us> wrote:
: Last night I scored an RIS 1.5 for $100 at TRU on the clearance isle.  The
: box was in pretty rough shape and was taped closed.  It had a special
: sticker on it marking it down.  The regular price was still $200.  When I
: got it home and opened it up, I discovered that it had already been played
: with.  All of the pieces were scattered throughout the box and there were a
: few little things put together, but I went through it and all of the parts
: still seem to be there, so I am happy and I finally have an RIS.  Has anyone
: seen this good of a deal on an RIS in mint condition?

I was lucky enough to find one at a local Target on clearance for $99.90
last week.  This was the first one I'd seen since about two weeks before
Christmas when they seemed to disappear from every major store north of
Boston!  It might have been a return, but it was still sealed and in
excellent condition.  Needless to say, I scarfed it up, along with a
Vision Command at half price.  :)

Steve Borden