 Marketplace / Shopping / 6216
6215  |  6217
Subject:
Zellers Sale (Ontario, Can.) and more
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 15:46:51 GMT

   Hi folks,

   I'm *baaa-aaack!*  The insatiable LEGO discount-hound is back
   in lovely Detroit and ready to do battle over the season's (and
   post-season's) finest!  Anyways, I will of course post info here
   as I get it.

   Batch one was yesterday.  Instead of taking my connector from
   Pearson (Toronto) to Newark, I rented a car and drove home to
   Detroit.  Naturally, I stopped at any likely shopping cluster
   along the way, and took great advantage of the exchange rate.
   I also found several sales of interest to folks in MI and southern
   ON (and perhaps elsewhere in Canada):

   -The Bay in London, ON has marked "25% off all toys."  Their
   retail does seem a mite higher than elsewhere I stopped, but
   they have 18 6718 [sic?] Rain Dance Ridges--great for the 6x16
   plate--at Can$12.99 each, and for you 2x2x5 lattice brick fans,
   three copies of 6444 Outback Airstrip at Can$27.99 each.  (That
   is before the 25% off, of course.)  There are a few Aquashark
   accessory packs and one Spy Shark there as well.  I don't know
   if this sale is chainwide.

   -Zellers.  I stopped at the one on the approach to the
   Ambassador Bridge, and they had 15% off all LEGO.  Their prices
   were a little higher than Wal-Mart (Can$9.99 for Droid Escape,
   Can$14.99 for AT-ST, Can$27.99 for TIE) but with the 15% off it
   was pretty good.  What's more, they had almost everything in stock,
   but it's a real mess (read: typical Christmas chaos).  For
   Detroiters it is, IMHO, worth crossing the bridge for--you can
   save around 35%, even without trying to get the tax back.  This
   Zellers also had some CyberSlam, UFO, and an Explorien Starship
   on "clearance" (meaning 10% off).  Again, I'm not sure if this
   sale (or item availability) is chainwide.  Act fast, I may be back. ;)

   In all I found Canadian stores to be stocked much more fully
   than US ones--although I didn't see any of the big Mars base, or
   the Mars shuttle--and the prices quite excellent.  Oh, and I'm
   very, very, very happy to have Tim Horton's donuts again.  Really
   happy.  Did I mention how much I missed good donuts?

   best

   Lindsay