 Marketplace / Shopping / 6211
  LEGO week at TRU

Toys R Us has a new commercial specifically for its LEGO product line. It shows a young boy trying to reach a cookie jar on a counter, helped along by his platform made of "LEGO toys". Anyway, they say that this is LEGO week at Toys R Us and that (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LEGO week at TRU

What's criminal is that is is NOT standing on Lego - how could TLC/TLG allow that to happen?!? (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LEGO week at TRU

(...) Yeah, my wife and I noticed that right away too. Shame on TRU, but not out of character. LEGO should teach them better brand recognition techniques. Ed (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LEGO week at TRU

What? Really? It looked like duplo to me, granted, i was paying more attention to the bucket on the floor instead of the brick... What is it? (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LEGO week at TRU

I think it would have been more appropriate if he built some kind of claw to get it for him instead of just standing on stuff, but I guess the point is the same 8-) "Naji Norder" <n.norder@computer.org> wrote in message news:G5sxF6.3wB@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LEGO week at TRU

Are you saying that he's not standing on DUPLO bricks, but some clone brand? Steve (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LEGO week at TRU

I don't know of any PURPLE Duplo bricks, and if you watch the commercial, some of them are purple. (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not associate my personal views with my employer (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LEGO week at TRU

(...) But they're *all* LEGOs! Just kidding of course. Even as a clone fan I'm unhappy with this generic characterization of the brick. My local TRU's at least make an effort to keep Block-Men, Best-Lock, and MegaBloks away from real LEGO. It's a (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LEGO week at TRU

I haven't been paying that much attention, but aren't some of the PoohPLO pieces purple? But I don't know if any of the purple bits are bricks or not... Steve (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)