 Marketplace / Shopping / 6014
Re: Droid Developer kit $24.97 at Wal-Mart B&M?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 02:19:15 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Mike Stanley writes:
So has anyone else found stacks of the Droid Developer kit at Wal-Mart for
$24.97 each?

I hope not:  I haven't gone there to look yet  ;-)

Is this a good deal at this price?

Depends:  it's great parts fodder (unless you dislike white).  At $25,  it's
even well-priced as a semi-animated R2D2 model (except that the back of its
head looks like it had an unfortunate encounter with a laser cannon).

As an education in robotics,  it makes a good building toy.

The kids will undoubtedly get a kick out of them,  but they're really more of a
motorized Technic set than a robotics lab.

Ran