 Marketplace / Shopping / 5766
Re: Zany-Brainy Scratch Off Sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 20:12:39 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Mike Walsh writes:

"John B Wood" <jwood@execpc.com> wrote in message
I received a couple of cards in the mail today - the sale is • 11/17-11/18.
As in the past, the scratch off gets you somewhere between 10% and 50% • off
of your total purchase.

Details:

5,300,000 total cards

50% off:  17,354
40% off:  17,354
30% off:  34,708
20% off:  69,416
10% off:  5,161,168

That gives you about a 2.62% chance of getting better than 10% off - not
good odds.  Sure enough, mine was only 10%...
Any one do any better?

-John-

I ended up with three cards, all three 10% off.  Last year I had a 30% off
card.  I stopped by ZB and didn't buy anything - at 10% off nothing is a
"must have" at this point.  Last year they had some Model Team and Train
sets, nothing like that this year (at least in the two ZB stores near me).

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com

PS:  They seem to have a lot of cards in the store, ask for another one when
you walk in, you might do better.

Cards in the store...
The employees were even commenting on the miserable 10% off cards in the
store, so I challenged the manager that I wouldn't buy anything at only 10%
off, since TRU next door was having better sales...
After scratching 37 cards and they all were 10% off, she relented, agreed
with my position, and I left empty-handed.

-Jon