 Marketplace / Shopping / 5625
Re: Shopping in London?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk.en, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 13:29:08 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk.en, Jeff Johnston writes:
Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Depending on what day of the week you have free, you may want to go to
Legoland or you may want to go to Bluewater. or somewhere else.

Isn't Legoland closed at this time of year?

It is open certain days for Christmas with Santa, which is why I said
"depending on what day of the week". http://www.legoland.co.uk/

I seem to remember checking and
finding that - or is that just the rides, while the store is open?

Closer to xmas I think the store is open 7 days

Bluewater has a lego "outlet" (more like the LIC, with lots of trinkets and
trash type merch, than some sort of gigantic discount place) and it also has
a ToyStack which I had pretty good luck with.

Hmm...so where exactly *is* Bluewater?

It's close to where the M25 crosses the Thames on the east side (just S of
the Dartford QE2 bridge/tunnel pair) in "Greenhithe"

Take any connex SE train to Greenhithe/Bluewater and catch the shuttle bus
that is included in your ticket. From Greenwich it was L 4.30p return.
(after showing a zone 1/2 LT pass)

Is it in the 'hop a train/bus from
London for a day trip' range?

45 M or less from Greenwich, although that was with some delays due to the
Railtrack problems.

Is there anything else to do in the area?

I wasn't there for any other reason so dunno.

www.bluewater.co.uk (thanks to Huw Millington who hooked me up, and
accompanied me there for a memorable time (LFB was along too!) )

++Lar