 Marketplace / Shopping / 5339
Re: good deal (and a couple ok deals)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 14 Oct 2000 01:40:08 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Chris Wundram writes:
I was at Toys R Us in Chicago today, and I saw they had a two pack with the Y-
Wing/Tie Fighter set and the snow speader, for $34, which was 15 dollars
cheaper than the y-wing set by itself.  I don't know if this is a TUR only
deal, but it is worth checking out.

I stopped in a TRU on the way back from the Mall tonight and found the same
deal...They only had one on the shelf, so I had to "liberate it" from a
lonely life =8^)

I was all excited to share my find, but you beat me to it...lol

On a similar note, the local BJ's wholesale club had some Lego deals (about
33% off) in their Christmas Toy display:

6520 Mobile Arctic Outpost
3052 Ninja Fire Fortress (only 167 pieces)
     Town jr. Police Boat
     Rock Raiders Chrome Crusher
6455 Space Simulation Station

The sets are in a cardboard 4 sided pallet display with an "ONLY 19.99"  sign.

I always wanted to experiment with those new arctic wall sections in a space
design so I bought the Mobile Outpost...well off to build...

                 John