 Marketplace / Shopping / 53
Re: Walmart discounts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 05:02:00 GMT

There is a Wal-Mart(1) near my house and they have nothing, I mean nothing
on sale or on clearance.  On a whim, I went to a Wal-Mart not to near my
office
the other day looking for deals and it also appeared that nothing was on
sale.
I scanned a couple of things that didn't have price tags and was surprised
when
the 6556 (Scuba Squad) came up for $1.  I bought all six that they had and
promptly
gave a couple of them to a co-worker.

There were a  couple of other things at 50% off including a couple of large
silver
anniversary Free Style tubs (a bargain at $10). Some of the other sets, even
at 50%
off, I still couldn't find any use for so there they sit on top of a shelf
in a Wal-Mart in
Durham, NC.

It seems to me that the Wal-Marts in my area are pricing their
sale/clearance items
independently.  I was envious of others who had reported deals until I
expanded my
field of view beyond the Wal-Mart near my house.

Mike - mike_walsh@mentorg.com
http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh

James Brown wrote in message ...
Does anyone know how these (generally) work?

My local Walmart has a bunch of stuff thats been sitting at a variety of
20%-50% off, and _nothing_ has moved(1), if the employee's weren't so
industrious, the Lego aisle would have dust on it. :)

[ ... delete ... ]