 Marketplace / Shopping / 5264
Re: Tuesday Morning wash-out
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 21:47:40 GMT

Talking about dedicated shelf space...

I noticed that some Walmarts have seriously cut back on shelf space for Lego
period!!

Any ideas on this??

Dave

"Paul Ferguson" <locker99@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
Well, here it is 28 September, and I've checked out my local
Tuesday Morning clearance-type store at their fall season reopening.
This seems to represent the merchandise that they will have through
Christmas.  Apparently, whatever source provided their great supply
last year wasn't available this year.

I'm sorry to report that there was nary a LEGO item in sight -- some
Playmobiles and a small number of MegaBlocks.

I'd love to hear about it if anyone finds anything at some other location.

In lugnet.market.shopping, Mike Walsh writes:

"Paul Ferguson" <locker99@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
Last fall the close-out chain Tuesday Morning had a bunch of stuff on • sale,
some at good prices, some at MRSP.  I myself found a bunch of small • Imperial
Armada sets, some Exploriens, and some other things, as did other • people.

So when their flyer showed up announcing their re-opening this week • (after
several weeks restocking) I had high hopes.

Well, folks, at least where I live in western Ohio, it was evidently a • one-time
thing.  I checked two TM outlets near me and found not a single LEGO • item,
only
a couple of packages of dreaded MegaBlocks.

I've got one more within striking distance, but am inclined to think • it's
not
worth the trip unless someone else reports a sighting.

AND, there's STILL no Shell promo sets here, either!

Paul

I spoke with a manager at Tuesday Morning about a month ago and she told • me
that they usually only have toys during the sale event just prior to
Christmas.  This is not a hard and fast rule but she said she would not
expect to see LEGO sets again until that time of the year.

Mike

--

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh@mindspring.com

http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh