 Marketplace / Shopping / 5147
    Re: Why does TLC collect GST?!? (was Re: Lego New is Up (and...)) —Kevin Wilson
   (...) No, the GST applies to purchases made by Canadians. If you buy something in the US and bring it back in and pay customs duty on it, you get to pay GST too. If you subscribe to a US magazine, the cost includes GST. If you mail order something (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

        Re: Why does TLC collect GST?!? (was Re: Lego New is Up (and...)) —Steve Chapple
   (...) I'm not surprised at what IS, I'm saying that it SHOULD not be occuring. It is double-dipping. The GST was to take the place of the manufaturer's tax. Duty is to "protect" domestic companies from foreign competition. (With NAFTA, there (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)