 Marketplace / Shopping / 5046
RE: Secret Agent Theme for 2001? (was: Re: New S@H Catalog)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 23:05:06 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Low [mailto:stinglessbee@hotSPAMFREEmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2000 10:01 AM
To: lugnet.market.shopping@lugnet.com; lugnet.general@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: Secret Agent Theme for 2001? (was: Re: New S@H Catalog)

In lugnet.market.shopping, Mike Petrucelli writes:
This years free set with a purchase of $75 or more is #3439 • Spy Runner.  111
pieces. can be bought seperate for $9.99 it is an air plane • With a Trans Dark
blue "X-wing" canopy and a small runway car.

While this of and in it self is somewhat interesting the • most interseting
thing to me is the new computer game on Pg.32.  #5714 Alpha • Team PC CD-ROM
$29.99. The description is as follows:

"Welcome to a world of secret agents, amazing gadgets and • covert operations
where only the quick-witted will survive!  You get to take • charge of the LEGO
Alpha Team, a crew of secret agents, each with a superhero power and
specialized gizmo.  Your mission: rescue 5 members of the • Alpha Team who have
been captured and are being held in Evil Ogel's compound • while arranging LEGO
contraptions to maneuver obstacles within the various • compounds.  Do you have
what it takes to save the World."

The picture shows six cartoon figs: one who is probably Evil • Ogel and 2 girls
and 3 boys are a most likely the Alpha Team. Well is is • kinda hard to make out
but the Spy Runner's pilot looks like one of the Alpha Team • girls.  So it is
posible Lego will be realesing a Secret Agent theme for • 2001.  If the Spy
Runner is any indication it would be relatively • un-juniorized and have some
good parts.

I'm really looking forward to this new theme. But since it's
Alpha Team in
North America, and Action Team everywhere else (see my post at
http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=21195 ), what are we going
to call it on
Lugnet? The A-Team?

--DaveL
"I want my B.A. Baracus minifig!"

Well, when talking to the staff at a computer games shop in Broadmeadows
last weekend, I was told that there was a Lego "Alpha team" game coming
out...no release date, but $49.95

'tis a pity LA can't seem to get accuracy between the program name, and how
it is advertised in the catalogue...One has to be right [I hope] but which
one is?

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)