 Marketplace / Shopping / 490
489  |  491
Subject:
Zany Brainy now open in Whitehall, PA (Allentown)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 17:51:02 GMT

Today was the grand opening of the new Zany Brainy in
Whitehall Mall, near Allentown.  They have most of the
current LEGO line, including Cybermaster, all the throwbots,
the new Duplo construction sets (but still no Pooh yet :/).
They had the Interstellar Starfighter (UFO) on sale for 29.99,
they had 2 left at 10:40 (40 minutes after they opened), was
contemplating it but they were gone less than ten minutes later.
My wife was going to meet me at 11 with the kids to see Pooh
for pictures, but by the time she got there, there were at LEAST
100 people in line.  The register line went to the back of the
store, around the back aisle and halfway to the front again.
Between that line and the Pooh picture line you could hardly
move.  I think it's fair to say they should have put a store
in Allentown a LONG time ago.  Anyway, they have grand opening
events all weekend, including various characters visiting,
and different events (like a Butterfly release later today).

Rob

|  Rob Farver - rfarver@rcn.com             |
http://www.farver.com/lego/              |
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/rfarver  |