 Marketplace / Shopping / 4855
4854  |  4856
Subject:
FOTW, dagnabit.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 05:11:58 GMT

Hi everyone,

I leave for a two-phase year in .nl in five hours, not to see my Lego
again for many months.  Yet today, I got bitten by an FOTW--the third
one in as many days (so perhaps it's only an FOTD, but it was nice
anyhow).  I've been popping into Detroit area Targets that I pass as I
run errands, and in every one I've found *something* at final
clearance--three Tunnel Transports for $12.14 apiece, four Naboo Swamps
at $2.44 each, a Whirling Time Warper for $5--which was pretty wild to
begin with.  However, I popped into the Tel-Twelve
Toys-backwards-'R'-Us, which is kind of messy and a little off the
beaten path, and found three 6494 Mystic Mountain Time Labs squirrelled
away behind a 6600 Bridge to Nowhere, and it turns out they scanned at
$13 apiece.  Argh!  Ah well, I bought 'em all, they'll be a nice
Christmas present for me come 19 December.  They had Droid Fighters for
$2.98, so I bought a couple of those too.  Looks like I'll have quite a
collection to drag back to NJ next May--and this after promising myself
*no more buying*.  Ah well, I guess I'll just deal with the feelings of
self-betrayal, and play with my toys.

So it looks like I can't escape sub-basement discount LEGO, no matter
how I try.  ;)  I suppose I could have worse problems, no?  Now if only
this luck will hold out in Europe...I could use some MISB 1980s sets.

best

Lindsay