 Marketplace / Shopping / 4830
Re: I don't know if anyone shops here or not, but lately I've been finding great deals
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 04:39:32 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Justin Husman writes:
At Goodwill. There's one by my house that has a huge toy section, and lately
they've been getting in a lot of Lego sets. These sets are in absolutely
destroyed boxes, but all parts are in the original bags, so they're store
writeoffs or something. Over the past few weeks I've bought
: 4 Tie vs Ywing sets for $10.00 each
: 2 Mos Espa sets for $15.00 each
: the current passenger train set for $20.00
: a couple of different Divers and Aquanaut sets for $5 each
: and a Technic helicopter (the blue one) for $3.00.
Like I said, these sets are new, with all instructions and pieces and
everything. I find stuff there all of the time throught the year, but this • past
Month or so has been incredible. Take my advice and check out your local
Goodwill.

Congrats!

So maybe when we take that badly damaged set up to the manager at KMart and
ask for a discount and he says "we're going to return it for credit", what he
actually means is that he's going to round up all the baddies and donate them
to Goodwill! Everybody wins in that game. KMart gets a write off of 100% of
the retail value, Goodwill gets some great merch (which they can sell for
whatever they like, to a certain extent their cost of goods sold is pretty
low) and some shrewd AFOL gets a good deal.

Cool.

But naaa... that would make too much sense, that can't be right. I bet KMart
stores haveto send them to a central redistribution point so not every
Goodwill is going to be a fount, only the one(s) near that redistribution
point.

++Lar