 Marketplace / Shopping / 4660
Re: Best Buy Mindstorms sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 16:58:11 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Paul Foster writes:

They are advertised here in Wisconsin also but it looks to me like
these might be the new normal price on these sets as they are advertised
as "price drop" and not as "on sale".

Agreed.

I bought both of them, and my friend got an Invention kit. After understanding
just what is going on, I find the Droid set less than optimal. The Discovery
kit will be on par with the invention set when the planed expansion of the
"Scout" computer brick comes out this fall.

To make a long story short, I think these sets were dogs in the sales
department, and the only thing to do was chop the price.

I would still recommend the Robot Discovery set if only because TLG will be
giving us the full progaming capability soon. There are some nice pieces in the
Droid Developer, and at around 600, the $50 price tag is on part with other
Technic sets, thus, just for the bits, it's ok. Mindstorms wise, it's a total
disappointment.

GREG~