 Marketplace / Shopping / 4268
4267  |  4269
Subject:
Time Cruises Backwards at KB Outlet. Plus a Technic FOTW at WallyWorld
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 18 Jun 2000 22:52:26 GMT

Decide to drive down to the Gilroy Outlet Mall to visit Messrs. K and B.

They do have a lot of new stuff this week,  but mostly at unexciting prices
(unless you have a serious Insectoids jones,  and don't mind paying 2/3 or
more of MSRP).  "Roadside Repair",  the 3-wheeled motorcycle shop,  and the
ResQ response center at about 35-40% off (I think there are better deals
online at the moment).

A couple dozen of the 6709 Chief 'n horse set from WW at $1.99.

And (the Big Hairy Deal for this trip):  the 6495 Time Cruisers badguy plane
for $5.99.  At this rate,  I'll have the whole theme by Labor Day  ;-)

Coming out of the store,  I noticed a Walmart next door to the outlet mall.
I decided to take a chance on finding one of those wonderful clearance-aisle
deals I keep hearing about,  but never see.

"Hmmm,  8269s.  Lots of nice angle beams and connectors.  I wonder if these
are at the same $12 price I found on walmart.com..."

Found a price scanner,  and discovered they weren't:  they were $8.  I decided
that,  for an 80% discount,  I could put up with the fact that the boxes
looked like someone had decided to play "Mos Espa Pod Race" by tying them to
forklifts and dragging them around the store at maximum speed.

So,  both of the remaining copies came home with me.  But they may be at some
of the other Walmarts.

They also have a bunch of the soon-to-be-legendary $15 6180s.

Ran