 Marketplace / Shopping / 4196
Re: Legoland shopping
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.legoland
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 03:18:46 GMT

Yes, that helps a great deal. Thanks!

jake

In lugnet.market.shopping, John Gramley writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Jacob McKee writes:
All,

I will be going to the Galactic Challenge event a LegoLand CA in Sept. I was
thinking about spending alot of money at the store, but was interested if
anyone has any feedback about whether or not the prices/selection were good • or
bad.

Thanks in advance!

jake

Shopping at Legoland is both good and bad.  The selection is incredibly good.
They carry (as far as I can tell) all of the current production sets (Duplo,
Primo, Town, Star Wars, Adventurers, Technic, Castle, Ninja, Basic, Rock
Raiders, Soccer, Scala, Belville), and several recently discontinued lines
(like some underwater sets and time twister sets).  They also carry some
service packs, mostly theme accessories and some Dacta sets.  In addition to
this they have a wide range of apparel, backpacks, etc.; all the usual
souvenir stuff.

The down side is that the set prices are higher than regular retail (like
Toys'R'Us).  They are usually 10-15% higher, which is even a little bit higher
than Shop@Home, and you still have to add 8% sales tax.  I was there just
yesterday annd they had recently received the Millenium Falcon, it was $109.95
and the retail price is $99.99.  Their sales, when they have them, are usually
pretty good.  For example, they had 30% off Adventurers sets even before Wal-
Mart sale-priced theirs.  Right now they even have 5938 Oasis Ambush, and five
other sets of approiximately the same size, on sale for $2.95, and six other
smaller sets for $1.95.

I don't have much experience with their customer service, though.  I haven't
ahd any problems and know what I want to buy before I go.  But I have asked
them to chekc their back storage for particular sets, which they were happy to
do.

If you do go there to shop, make sure that you don't wait until two hours
before closing.  The main store gets packed with with crowds and the registers
get backed up.  In this case try goind to the registers at the back of the
store near the Duplo area, they usually have the smallest lines.  Keep in mind
that you can shop first, drop the bags off in your car, and come back in to
enjoy the park.

Hope this helps,
John Gramley