 Marketplace / Shopping / 4181
Re: Most SW Lego 1/2 off at kbkids.com (plus a few others)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 13:19:49 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Ran Talbott writes:
A bit of a consolation prize for those not living near an Ames  ;-)

Since I'm still mad about not being able to get out of town that week to go to
an Ames to try my luck at the 75% off I think I'll have to pass on these,
especially since the prices are 50% off KB's inflated prices (in most cases)
which works out to about 38% off what any other store would charge.

And since they're not running any sort of shipping promotion that I can find,
I'd have to pay their silly "screw the big buyer" shipping prices.  $3 flat
plus $1.50 per item.  Works out ok if you're only buying one or two things,
but once you get into the 20-30 range you really get screwed considering how
much it actually costs them to ship it.

For those living near the "weird" end of the bell curve,  they also have
the 6497 for $15.  Remember:  with Lego,  you can make every day Halloween  ;-
)

About the only set I'd consider buying out of the bunch since it actually more
than half off original retail.