 Marketplace / Shopping / 4168
Re: TRU sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 03:00:54 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Rich Manzo writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Jeff Stabile writes:
Hey gang,

TRU had a 30% off all red tag clearance items full page ad in today's paper.

I would think that with a full page ad it should be national...

It is. My TRU had banners, posters, signs, etc. all over the store. When I
drove up I actually thought they were going out of business! Anything prices
that end in .98, .97, .90, or a set on clearance that ends in .00 is on sale.
Picked up alot of 6494 for $20 each. Rapid River village is now $20.00, and so
is the large ZNAP set. Sale ends Saturday.

-Rich

After visitin some Chicago southland area stores they don't appear to have this
sale in effect. It may not be national event, and participation seems to be
optional.  Anyone else see these sales?

Ed