 Marketplace / Shopping / 4121
Re: TRU Clearance Policy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 17:59:45 GMT

My guess would be that they won't put them on sale. As far as I can
tell, the only time TRU puts LEGO on clearance is when corporate decides
to clear out something (every clearance item I have seen at TRU has been
available in more than one TRU). The 1843 has gotten itself gone from
enough stores that I think it is unlikely that corporate would decide to
clearance it.

My TRU still has 6982 Explorien Starship for $79.99. I went to the manager and
explained to her that it is an old set that is just taking up space, but she
said that she could not lower the price on LEGO. She said that only the LEGO
rep can lower the prices on LEGO.

Rich
Looking for discontinued sets MISB?
http://www.brickfan.bigstep.com