 Marketplace / Shopping / 3732
Re: New Set Availability at US S@H
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Sun, 23 Apr 2000 03:07:04 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

   Hi everyone!

Xcalabur wrote:

In lugnet.market.shopping, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
<snippie>
5903 and 5904 both retail for $2.50 each.

Yahoo! I guess Chris' approximation of $6 was indeed too much, and (nothing
personal, man) I couldn't be happier! I guess we can stock on 'lil dino-
dragons for a lot less... Awright!

-Shiri

Aye, I saw my error and corrected it!  My second guess was $3, and $2.50 is
even better!

...And I got my Island Hopper and All-Terrain Trapper sets today!  They're
rather neat.  I took some pictures of the dinosaurs:

http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/dino1.jpg
http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/dino2.jpg
http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/dino3.jpg
http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/dino4.jpg
http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/dino5.jpg

...And the boxes:

http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/dino6.jpg

They're pretty cool--the trapper set even includes another baby tyrannosaur.
What's even better?  There's now a Femme Fatale character--an evil *female*
sidekick to the Baron!  I have a shot of her here:

http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/femmefatale.jpg

She is, quite honestly, the coolest female minifig I've ever seen (AFOL mods
excepted, naturally).  I only wish she were available in less expensive sets.
(Is she?)  That is one serious kick-butt-and-take-names expression on her face!

best

Lindsay

PS:  I have a related rant on the palaeontological accuracy of the
documentation, but I'll save that.

XFUT -> .adventurers