 Marketplace / Shopping / 3690
3689  |  3691
Subject:
New 2000 Sets Now at US S@H
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 09:35:02 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hello, US S@H shoppers-

I talked with a very friendly Shop-at-Home (US) representative today;
she was very nice (as are all the day people) and talkative and most of
all informative.  What's more, we were both surprised to see that all
but three of the 2000 Dino Island Adventurers sets seem to have arrived
today or yesterday!

I was able to get:

5935 (the big floatplane, with a pterodactyl) $22.99
5955 (Baron's dinosaur trap thingie--comes with a Stego/Studosaurus[1]
and another dinosaur, maybe a Triceratops/ablocks) $33.00

I passed on the Research Glider (5934?) at $16.50, and I already have
5903 (Johnny Thunder with Baby T[-rex]) and 5904 (dunno what that thing
is, I can't describe it really)[2]; the other sets were given as
follows:

5920 Island Racer ($5.50) - expected 26 May
5975 T-Rex-something ($55) - expected 26 May
5987 Dino Research Compound ($88) - expected 26 May

I asked about 7190, the oft-maligned Millennium Falcon Jr., and she said
the current target date is (still) 16 June.  She did say that everything
has been coming in about a month under the wire--and the Dino Island
stuff was still expected at the end of June as recently as 1 April.

Hope this proves enlightening and positive (or at least doesn't prove
onerous),

Lindsay

[1]  I'm not sure "Studosaurus" is a good name for any dinosaur, even a
LEGO one.  I seem to recall a similar name being given to one older (26
is old?!?) male resident of my undergraduate dormitory.

[2]  Does anyone want to see pictures of these boxes, or .jpgs of the
"cute" baby tyrannosaur?  I just took two while composing this (I love
digital cameras.)  They're below:

http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/puppydog.jpg  (T-Rex with "friend" for
scale)
http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/boxes.jpg (5903 box, right; 5904 box,