 Marketplace / Shopping / 3504
RE: FOTW on Blue Tubs from TRU!
Newsgroups:
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 17:43:07 GMT

matter.
Just a wild idea.
Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Poindexter [mailto:lego@poindexter.cc]
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2000 10:15 AM
To: lugnet.market.shopping@lugnet.com
Subject: FOTW on Blue Tubs from TRU!

I had purchased as many of the <set:3033> from a $5 off sale
about a month ago
and ended up with as many as I thought I could afford, but
still wanting more.

Last night, I got a call from the manager of one of the local
Toys 'R' Us
stores and he had been shipped 160 of the blue tubs, even
though he didn't
need any.  Since he just got Kids 'R' Us put into his store,
he has no room,
so he offered me all 160 at the $5 off price!  Normally, I
don't go crazy
about 25% off, but I have never seen these available for any
less and even so,
it would be unlikely that I could ever get this kind of
quantity if I did.

If your local TRU is getting a Kids 'R' Us put in, the
management might be
willing to cut some deals to move stock, but your mileage may vary.

Now, does anybody want to help sort 160 tubs?

Mike Poindexter