 Marketplace / Shopping / 3483
Re: Fred Meyer "1999 Star Wars Sets" sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 21:41:51 GMT

I checked a Fred Meyer here in the Phoenix, AZ area and they were also
offering this sale.

Jason

In lugnet.market.shopping, David Schilling writes:
I just came home from Fred Meyer and they have an unadvertised (well, until
this moment, at least) sale on last year's Star Wars sets.  It will be on for
the next three weeks.  Here's a list of prices.  (Basically, a 30% discount.)

Set number  orig.  sale   Set name
<set:7101>   5.99   4.19  Light Saber Duel
<set:7110>   5.99   4.19  Land Speeder
<set:7111>   5.99   4.19  Ugly Brown Droid Fighter
<set:7121>   9.99   6.99  Naboo Swamp
<set:7128>   9.99   6.99  Speeder Bikes
<set:7130>  19.99  13.99  Snow Speeder
<set:7140>  29.99  20.99  X-Wing
<set:7141>  19.99  13.99  Naboo Fighter
<set:7150>  49.99  34.99  Tie & Y-Wing
<set:7161>  49.99  34.99  Gungan Sub
<set:7171>  89.99  62.99  Mos Espa PodRacers

Interestingly, the Grey Plates Service Pack, <set:7151>, is NOT on sale!  They
didn't have any of Anakin's podracer <set: 7131> there, but since there wasn't
a sign for that one, so I don't think that one was on sale either.

I'm in the Seattle, Wasington area.  Anyone know the extent of this sale
region wise?

--
David Schilling