 Marketplace / Shopping / 3436
3435  |  3437
Subject:
Pre-orders for Tavern Model Kit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 19:29:24 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I am a bit overwhelemed at the enthusiastic response I have received for my
initial custom model kit posted for sale last night.  The first four completed
kits sold out within 18 hours and I have already started a waiting list for
additional kits.  Right now I am anticipating a 2-4 week wait for the additional
blacksmith shops, but this could be exentended after the intitial batch of ten
is exhausted.

I have also received numerous inquiries about the next two models and I have
decided to take pre-orders so I can try to have enough kits available to meet
intitial demand (I already have three unsolicited pre-orders as of this
posting!).

The next two models, the Crossroads Tavern and the Country Windmill, are both in
the pre-production stages, so the final piece counts and prices have yet to be
finalized.  The Tavern is likely to be the next released as I already have the
instructions for the main model.  However, if I can find someone to create some
missing .DAT parts files (I will pay you!!), I may be able to the windmill ready
by the same time.  Here are the specifics to each set so far:

Crossroads Tavern:
Piece count: 1000-1100 (The model and figs in the picture are 937 pieces, but
the interior details were not done).
Expected price: around $300
Expected release date: June 1

Country Mill:
Piece Count: 400-500, including 2 minifigs, baseplate, horse and wagon
Expected pirce: around $125
Expected release date: August 1 (or possibly as early as June 1)

If you would like to be put on the waiting list for the next complete Blacksmith
kits, or would like to make a pre-order for one or both of the next two model
kits, please feel free to send me an email now, so I can try to avoid waiting
lists inthe future!

Dan