 Marketplace / Shopping / 3354
3353  |  3355
Subject:
Pre-assembled truck show truck
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 03:09:57 GMT

A couple of months ago I purchased a 2148 Truck Show prime mover and assembled
it as per instructions and thought I might just leave that as it is and leave
it on my bookshelf. I thought I would then go and buy 2 more for a MOC I have
in mind, which I did, but I hadn't got around to opening them until today. I
went to open the first box and noticed sticky-tape over the push-in tab, oh
well might just a shelf vandalism repair (I usually check these things in the
shop),but on opening the box the truck fell out in about 6 partly assembled
pieces. The stickers were stuck on, the driver was in a 'driving position' and
the empty plastic bag was just shoved back in, as if whoever bought it might
want to do a better job repackaging it. The only reason I'm mentioning it is
because from the scenario it would seem that the retailer had something to do
with this (unless a consumer did it mid-aisle on the fly) ,maybe an ex-display
model or their child got bored with it and they thought let's just sell it
now.
  Maybe I should have checked the odometer on the truck,maybe the minifig
driver is off doing his own Lego truck show? (potential movie script here). I
know it's a free-for-all in many toy retailers, but at least they could have
totally disassembled it,what if someone had bought it as a present,you would
feel a bit guilty if you were the gift-giver.
  Anyone else had similar experiences?

-Pete.W.