 Marketplace / Shopping / 3285
Re: K-mart: Buy one, get second half-off
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 03:13:00 GMT

Today I was able to pick up 2 Robo Raptors at my local K-Mart (Mesa, AZ).
They were priced at 20 bucks but rang up at 16.  The BOGO discount wasn't
included but when I questioned it, the clerk made some calls and and said that
the sale didn't apply to discounted sets, but since the boxes weren't marked
as being discounted they would give me the BOGO sale price anyway.

Jae

In lugnet.market.shopping, Ray Sanders writes:
One note about the current K-Mart BOGO sale...  In recent BOGOs, I was
able to take something which was already on clearance and get the BOGO
to apply. It appears that K-Mart has closed this loophole. I tried three
different K-Marts, each of which has large quantities of a particular
item on clearance. Nada. None of these would apply the BOGO at the
register. I asked one store manager about this, he informed me that the
BOGO is only for 'regular priced' merchandise, and that the clearance
stuff is now 'mark-down priced'.

Ray

John Gramley wrote:

I was at two local (north San Diego county, California) K-marts and saw that
for the week starting Sun. Mar. 19, they are having a buy one Lego or Duplo
set and get the second (of equal or lesser value)half-off.

Here's hoping this is more than a local phenomenon for the rest of you!

John Gramley

--
mailto:rsanders@svic.net
Experienced Macintosh developer seeks telecomuting position.