 Marketplace / Shopping / 3279
Re: Does this price seem a bit high?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 22:16:41 GMT

No, the Adventurer Blimp is not one of the yucky plastic thing specials. It has
167 pieces, so, it's fair value at $20 because you can get it at a typical 20%
off sale for $16. I went for it on those terms. The plastic mummy (Treasure
Raiders) was even better when it appeared for $10 at Target, but that's another
thing.

What's sad is a plastic thingy like the Extreme Team racer <set: 2963> 2963
that comes for $6 alone, but bundled with a brown rock it goes for $11. TRU in
Manhattan has been trying to give away the $8 plain set (yeah, it's $6 other
places) with any purchase over $15, and they still have too much of both
varieties.

In lugnet.market.shopping, John Rudy writes:
I just noticed:
http://www.kbkids.com/toys/product.html?
WebID=00e9c09f5b3300905d9f5b3300f14d9f5b330078379f5b33

It seems quite expensive to me for a small amount of bricks
and one big hunk of plastic.
-John Rudy