 Marketplace / Shopping / 3215
3214  |  3216
Subject:
KB Toys just got back on my watch list.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 21:12:03 GMT

Well I might be a little slow in this but KB is back on my stores to check
list.  At least in the Massachusetts area KB has not sold LEGO for a while
until recently and even then they usually mark up about 5%-10% on the new sets
so to me it was not even worth checking.

Today I had a good experiance with a very friendly and helpful KB store
manager.  While new sets are still marked up and their selection is not super
he did mention something KB is doing that should interest some of you.

He said that most of their stock of LEGO in the future is going to be buy-outs
from LEGO that they can sell at a discount.  For example the store I visited
today was well stocked in 3 sets they were <set:6097> , <set:6441> and,
<set:6766> all marked at 50% of MSRP.  The manager said that while the web site
www.kbkids.com does carry more LEGO than most store that the Buy-out stuff is
almost always sold in the stores too.

It is worth a call ahead though because some stores stock runs out before
others so it is worth checking.  I did check another local store and they had
nothing of interest on sale.

Anyway good hunting KB is worth a look once again.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

View My Creations at: