 Marketplace / Shopping / 321
Re: FOTW
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 00:42:58 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Allan J Smith writes:
<snip>
733 for $NZ95 ($US50). Had to buy it :)
The lid had come off, the cellophane cover was taped on and it was very
dusty. It was a 1980 set but the international catalog inside was dated 1984
All pieces were there :) Some pieces that I never had before  were an 8 stud
diameter grey radar dish, clear 2x2x2 steep slope (mini fig dress) bricks and
some solid blue doors. It certainly puts the new 1999 Basic Sets to shame.

Made me smile all day.

Cool find! Not since those days has an 8x8 solid radar dish been made, and
AFAIK, neither has a clear 2x2x2 of which I seem to only have one left. Those
are some good classic space pieces. You got some grey 3-way rocket thrusters
out of that too.

Just out of curiousity, any transparent plates bigger than 1x2 in that set?

-Tom McD.