 Marketplace / Shopping / 3194
Re: Polybag Heaven
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 04:46:04 GMT

Shiri Dori wrote:

In lugnet.market.shopping, Mark A. Herzberg writes:
I was the FAO at the Aventura Mall in Miami with my friends this past
Saturday. I always find something new (or should I say old?) there. And this
time I found a HUGE stash of old polybag sets. There was Town, Dragon Masters,
Royal Knights, Spyrius, UFO, Freestyle (from the original Freestyle sets), and
even old Holiday "Build-A-xxx" from 1991. I bought a "Build-A-Snowman" and a
Dragon Master's cart. Prices ranged from $1.49 (Freestyle) to $2.00 (Holiday)
to $2.50 (Town) to $3.00 (the rest). I'm leaving for New York soon, so I
probably won't be able to return to the store, so I'm sorry that I cannot pick
up any for anybody. Speaking of New York City, I go there all the time, but
other than FAO on 58th & 5th and the huge Toys "R" Us in downtown Manhattan, I
have not visited any other toy stores. What else is there?

Wow. I've never found anything worthful in any FAO, sounds like you got really
lucky... FAOs are usually extremely over-priced, I sometimes browse there but
I was amazed to discover that their prices are higher than the lego S@H prices
(that include shipping, for gosh sake!)... The only thing I bought there was
the 1200pc bucket. I didn't even know it existed so at $25 it seemed like a
great find (at the time I was green to US shopping, didn't know that FAOs were
over-priced). And it was, even though I can find it for $19.

The big FAO in Manhattan still has Pirates merch.  The FAO in Menlo Park Mall still
has an Armada Flagship for $65, Unitron sets, etc etc.  It's because they're so
pricey!  Go check it out...

best

Lindsay