 Marketplace / Shopping / 3021
Re: St Louis: where to shop?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 02:00:09 GMT

There are not any fantastic places, unfortunately.

We have two Zany Brainy's in town, one at the intersections of I-170 and I-64
(Central St. Louis County), the other one east of Clarkson on Manchester road
(west St.Louis County).

A couple of KB Toy Works stores, (I know of two, one down in Arnold (just
south of St. Louis County next to the Mississippi river), and another one next
door to the Zany Brainy in west county)

A FAO Schwartz in central St. Louis County.  (Inside the Galleria Mall on the
opposite side of I-170 and I-64)

And just about every mall has a regular KB Toy store, however, they usually
never have any deals.  Last time I checked, the one in Northwest Plaza had a
couple of the model team sets marked down 50% (the truck, I think), and the
large divers set marked down the same.

Toys R' Us -  There are quite a few of these in the area, I've found the best
finds of older sets up at one near I-270 and New Halls Ferry (I think) road,
one at Northwest Plaza (northwest St. Louis county), one in chesterfield
(Clarkson road 1km south of I-64), one in southwest county (1km east on Watson
rd at Watson rd. and I-270), and one in south county at I-55 and I270.

The usual assortment of Targets, Wal-Marts, ect.

I live in Missouri, so I am not too sure what is over in Illinois.  I am sure
there are more stores over near O'Fallon and Bellville, but I have no first
hand knowledge of them.

This is the majority of all the places to look.  I'm doing this off the top of
my head, my apologies if I am missing anything!

Wayne G.

In lugnet.market.shopping, Ton Reesink writes:
Hi all,

I will be on a business trip next week to St Louis. Any suggestions where to
shop for Lego?

TIA,
Ton (Netherlands)